Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How My Afternoon Goes

Middle of August, give or take eleven. Been on a high, canting all over any state'll have me. A few featherheads left for the picking, they know it's been coming. Sing song, beg, whatever, I'd tail on out of here if I knew it would do me good, but it won't. Seen it lately, all those stories recounted year after year, water flowing in and out of the ears, time to stick to your laurels they say, I try to pay it heed. Out at sea, the boats approach, many more to come, and we wonder if they'll let all those immigrants stay, no longer a horse stable. A couple buddies of mine asked me a question about departure, I honestly replied Thailand might be the answer. They all laughed and dragged on, I seriously slouched in a corner, wrestling with my own demons. Then s(he( walked through the door, but this manifestation could've been any engendered being.

come everything off it
leave me where be
deceptive misguidance
in need of a bath stay clean

And there it was, the punctilious prescription, in no shape or form comparable to anything political. I'd never seen anything so hideously attractive, and mind you, I've seen it all. Everyone in the room knew the mystical connection was formed prior to our eyes catching in a conflagration of exchanged passion. I don't believe in heavenly fate, but this was written by some deity (terrible movie), it was prescribed like I said, and no dystopic fix of mine was going to sway me otherwise. And they all tried. They all said we had business in Idaho, or that Cabral was on the phone talking Bissau freedom and the have youse caboose smoke chatter blather; that it was near time to leave, that another city was in need of our words. I couldn't believe they were actually convinced they could get me out of here. Not with the utter perfection standing amongst the swine, I had a mindset now, a focus. No more perambulating, idle pondering or silly drool. It was dark water free, I was a pencil with infinite lead can't you tell? All scribbles that would probably make sense to something that itself was incapable of making comprehensible statements to us lesser things, but that's irrelevant considering we ARE lesser things, thus it would be pointless to dwell on my scribbles, nonetheless, I could do it forever if I so chose, but I don't. I had better things in mind. Did I succeed? Here was how the conversation went on end:

And I suppose you mean for me to stay here while bombs are made and planted while serious things happen in serious places and shoes get sold for millions produced by meager hands while phones go off unanswered even if someone’s always at the other end while hopes are deemed too foolish pride is a thing of the past bags are made of leather chicken coups are taken advantage of for food coffee tastes like mud being awake is a question constant while time ticks on but never is and all the cute girls have boyfriends all the smart ones think I'm dumb and I am while everything that matters is nothing but nothing is all I care about and you think you're something well no we're nothing and that is nowadays a thing that's special.

We've been married now my immaculate conception and me four hundred years and hoping to conquer Spain in the morning. Give or take it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment